DaySpas and Wellness near The Bower
Whether you are seeking a full afternoon of relaxation, are pressed for time, are alone, with your valentine, or with a group of friends, we offer mobile DaySpa & Wellness services.
See details below of our recommended South Coast practitioners in the privacy of your own Bower to help you relax and recharge.
Depending on your requirements, we can suggest which treatment would be most appropriate from our recommended list of wellness practitioners.
- Clare Knight – Relaxation, Lymphatic Drainage, Sports and Pregnancy Massage
- Lynda Byrn – remedial massage therapy, and therapeutic techniques with relaxation methods
- Katrina Atkin – Raynor Massage, Life Coaching and Counselling
- Sharon Halliday – Reiki Healing Services
- Rosalind Veness Preventative Health and Wellbeing Counselling
Release stress and tension from your body with a massage that can be remedial or relaxation-focused, depending on your wants & needs.
For an appointment please call Juliette (in the first instance) on 04, 3170 6343 or Email
Our therapists will customise your massage to meet your needs, … it can be gentle & relaxing, restorative, or deeper remedial based.
Massage is also great for stress release, restful sleep, and better mobility in your body.
- 60 Min treatment focuses on the hip, the back, neck, and shoulders.
- 90 Min treatment will focus on the whole body
Couples massages are also available, by special arrangement, in advance.
Professionalism, why choose this provider?
Clare began her massage journey in 2018 by helping two of her loved ones in their end-of-life phase. This was a deeply changing experience to be able to help ease this difficult time with massage therapy.
She holds a Diploma in Remedial Massage Therapy; this includes Relaxation, Lymphatic Drainage, Sports and Pregnancy Massage. Remedial Massage includes treating tension-associated ailments such as soreness and aching in the neck and shoulders, back, legs, and chronic issues such as RSI in the hands and arms.
Massage can be helpful for arthritis, sciatica and other pain management conditions including moving the flow of lymph fluid when the lymphatic system has been compromised. Massage is a wonderful way to aid in relaxation, and can provide a deeply enjoyable experience!
Clare looks forward to meeting with you and helping you through massage.
is an experienced and highly educated massage therapist with over two decades of expertise in the field. Sydney trained, Diploma Health Science and Bachelor of Nursing (RN) ensuring a strong foundation in evidence-based remedial massage therapy, and therapeutic techniques with relaxation methods.
Lynda’s passion lies in tailoring massage experiences to meet the unique needs of her clients, focusing on stress relief, addressing musculoskeletal discomfort, and promoting overall relaxation. Lynda customises massage sessions to provide the utmost relaxation and stress relief for clients and maintains a high standard of professionalism adhering to ethical practices in all massage services.
Katrina Atkin – EMBODY Coaching, Counselling and Massage
… located at Train Street Central in Broulee, SoulSpace Studio in Catalina and now at The Bower. Katrina has worked extensively in the local community as a Registered Nurse, Counsellor and Life Coach for many years. Her training, certification and experience is extensive.
Katrina offers a variety of services including:
- Raynor Massage – a combination style of flowing movements, pressure and trigger point release and breathwork. This style works on physical, emotional and energetic tension release. Many people report feeling lighter, more vibrant and more relaxed after even one session. Raynor Massage can be modified to suit either a relaxing or remedial style. Raynor includes the use of reflexology, ayurveda, aromatherapy and essential oils. The treatment finishes with a relaxing facial and head massage and the body is left cocooned with an eye mask and towels, and bathed in gentle music for at least 5 to 10 minutes to allow integration and full release.
- Sound Healing Journey and Cacao – can be incorporated into the massage session or as a stand-alone experience. Katrina uses a combination of Australian 99% Quartz Crystal Singing Bowls, Grotto Italian pure nickel and silver alloy Gong, Nepalese hand-made metal singing bowls, Native Hand Drum and a variety of native percussion instruments. I may include a guided meditation. Sound Healing Journey is scientifically proven to unblock stagnant energy creating both physical and mental well-being. Katrina can incorporate a Cacao Ceremony using the highest quality shaved Cacao ethically sourced from South America. Cacao has mood-boosting and calming qualities.
- Life Coaching and Counselling – One of my clients recently said “two hours with you has completely changed my life”. I use many different modalities to support clients with stress reduction, making life decisions, uncovering limiting beliefs which are sabotaging happiness, clarifying action plans for creating a life they love, healing traumas and addictions as well as relationship and communication issues. This is way more than talk therapy. I use Advanced NLP, EFT – Tapping, Hypnotherapy, Matrix Therapy, Inner Child and Shadow Archetype work, Theta Healing, MBIT, Heart and Brain Coherence, Guided Meditation, Rapid Recode, Oracle Cards, Energy Readings, Art Therapy, Journalling, Dream analysis and more.
- Gift Voucher – Gift vouchers are perfect for a surprise birthday, anniversary or special occasion gift. Many people are choosing to purchase experiences rather than physical gifts for their loved ones or friends. The Gift Voucher can be purchased prior to your stay at The Bower for use during your time away. See Embody Gift Card PDF 2022
All treatments are offered as a single therapy or combination packages designed to suit your needs. Starting with 60 minutes, 90 minutes, 2 hours, 2.5 or 3 hours. We suggest a minimum of 90 minutes to give you a memorable and enjoyable experience.
For an appointment please call:
p: 04 6834 3923
See below for other wellness services offered near The Bower e.g.
Liz of Challenge Fitness on
- Broulee Massage – just a few hundred metres from the Bower entrance and open for appointments,
- Pre-natal massage and cupping therapyOpening Hours:Wednesday 2pm – 8pm
Saturday 9am – 4pmBook your appointment here.
- Swedish massage AJ (Alyssa Jane) is passionate about helping clients achieve a deep state of relaxation using a Swedish massage technique to calm the nervous system. Massage pressure is elected by the client via thorough consultation.
- Cupping therapy
- Pre-natal massage AJ’s absolute favourite treatment to perform is the Prenatal Massage; “I just love working ‘with woman’; being invited to play a small part in the journey of the Prenatal Mother is something very special. Massaging Mum and Bub is a sacred space and in my opinion, a necessary therapy for deep connection and preparation for labour.”
- SoulTribe Studio, is a beautiful, interior-designed, light-filled studio in Batemans Bay. Clare Lovelace is the owner and senior teacher, with over 10 years of professional teaching experience she offers a wealth of knowledge and experience to guide you intuitively back to your true self. We have a diverse teaching team of over 10 highly trained teachers, all with a variety of skills and experience. We offer over 40 yoga & pilates classes a week with a range of styles to suit every mood. All of our classes are suitable for absolute beginners. You can either book online via www.soultribestudio.com.au or the MINDBODY app or simply turn up to any class.
DaySpa & Wellness services available at The Bower
[subject to therapist availability]
Relaxation: “a feeling of refreshing tranquillity and an absence of tension or worry”
Relax, refresh and rejuvenate. Take a break from stress, enjoy a whole-body relaxation massage during your stay at The Bower.
Release stress and tension from your body with a massage that can be remedial or relaxation focused, depending on your wants & needs.
For an appointment please call:
Liz of Challenge Fitness on
To restore and replenish tired & stiff muscles, Liz uses many different techniques including Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue, Active Release Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, and stretching techniques to unwind knots, release tension and help realign and relax the body.
She will customise your massage to meet your needs, … it can be gentle & relaxing, restorative, or deeper remedial based.
Yoga: Liz can also take you and your partner through a customised yoga session that will help build focus, relaxation,
improve flexibility not just in your body but also your mind!
Using breath to move energy through the body and help unblock any stagnant energy!
Personal training: If getting sweaty is your thing, Liz will challenge you with a fun personal training session designed just for you and your partner.
- 60 Min personal training session designed just for you and your partner
- 90 Min personal training session designed for you and your partner
PLEASE NOTE: Our recommended therapists are extremely popular (and have families of their own) so we strongly recommend making an advance booking.
For an appointment please call:
Couples massages are also available, by arrangement. Contact Liz.
Is there something in your life you would like to change?
- Have you reached a crossroad or turning point in your life?
- Are you concerned about someone close to you?
- Are you experiencing conflict with a work or family relationship?
- Would you like help to make a decision?
- Is something worrying you?
- Are you unsure about where your life is heading?
- Are you experiencing symptoms of anxiety and/or depression?
We all have times when we feel overwhelmed.
Sharing these experiences with an empathic and compassionate listener can help bring them into perspective, freeing you to move forward in your life, finding new meaning, and a greater level of self-awareness and personal fulfilment.
Rosalind* our accredited Holistic Counsellor and Psychotherapist offers a space of safety and trust in the privacy of your Bower, where you can feel supported as you safely explore what is troubling you, releasing blockages, helping you to grow in awareness and understanding.
Sharon Halliday is the author of Messages from the Heart, co-author of 365 Moments of Grace, a Reiki practitioner, Angel Intuitive, speaker and workshop facilitator,… mum of two and wife to one, living in Batemans Bay, Australia.
Specialising in Relaxation & Remedial Massage
Relaxation is a smooth, gentle, flowing massage that promotes general relaxation, relieves muscular tension, improves circulation and range of movement. Aimed to relax, revive and rejuvenate you at a massage depth that does not cause discomfort.
Private massage services:
Whether you have any of the following symptoms:
- deep muscle tension and pinched nerves
- physical and emotional stress held in the body
- discomfort during or after pregnancy
- chronic pain and/or recent injury pain
- Head and facial massage
- Breasts and womb clearing
- Foot massage
- Gentle cleansing and light lymphatic massage throughout the body
- Bath/wash or sound therapy
- Cacao offering
Tips to make sure that you get the most out of your treatment:
- Relax. It is very important to be relaxed during the treatment as the most benefits are when you are relaxed, open and receptive.
- Breathe. Deep breathing enhances the benefits of a massage like nothing else. Deep breathing promotes the flow of blood, lowers your heart rate and blood pressure, increases the effectiveness of the lymphatic system and detoxifies the organs.
- Quiet. Talking isn’t relaxing.
- Close your eyes. Slow down. Focus inward
Surprise your partner on arrival:
- Arrange for a special romantic surprise from Wild Rose Florist to be waiting for your partner when you arrive with a stylish flower arrangement. Email us to help make the arrangements for delivery.
- Blue Wren Hampers. It doesn’t matter what the occasion is, you’ll always be happy with a gift basket, hamper, flowers or gift ideas from Blue Wren. For more details about a special gift for your partner, visit the website You can also order this as an Add-On to your Bower reservation here
- Dine-In Meals prep’d by our chef [delivered to your Bower] meal menu.
- Huon Salmon
- Pork belly Ragout
- Soba Noodle salad
- You can also order this as an Add-On to your Bower reservation here
Other Day Spa & Wellness services available nearby:
- SoulTribe Studio,Yoga & Pilates, Catalina
- Pure Choice Day Spa, Batehaven
- Thai Massage Rooms, Broulee
- Mossy Point Chiro, Mossy Point
- The Chiropractic Centre, Moruya & Batemans Bay
- Moruya Chiro & Wellness clinic
- chiropractic treatment
- therapeutic massage
- naturopathic consultation
- wellness coaching sessions
- acupuncture appointment
- traditional Chinese medicine
Other Pampering services:
We can recommend a wide range of complementary medicines and treatments aimed at avoiding and relieving the symptoms of disease. These preventative health treatments help our guests to live active, healthy lives. They may include vitamins and supplements, naturopathy, acupuncture, remedial and relaxation massage, yoga, tai chi and pilates classes.
- Bridal Prep packages
- Valentines Day packages
- Mothers day packages
The Bower offers South Coast accommodation with a hot tub and wood fire, in absolute privacy, which is unusual in the region and even across NSW.
Comments from guests:
“100% – we really embraced the place. The most amazing thing is the setting, waking up early to the beautiful large trees surrounding the bower, being able to put on a log fire and make a simple breakie on the bbq was absolutely bliss. The optional cheese platter, hamper and massage service really helped us recharge. We would have just loved another day or two. While the two days was not enough to fully recharge, it definitely gave us a taste to come back and a boost to keep going”. Laura & David.
“A very calming effect (slowly recovering from anxiety and depression). Would have loved to stay longer.” Name supplied.
* Years of Experience
Rosalind Veness is a PACFA accredited Holistic Counsellor and Psychotherapist and long-term resident of Moruya, on the south coast of New South Wales. An empathic and compassionate listener she will respect your need for safety, trust and confidentiality in the therapeutic relationship.
Rosalind brings to therapy the depth of understanding that comes from lived experience.