Explore 10 Incredible Driving Tours in Bower NSW SouthCoast
There are a number of great driving tours for a road trip between Sydney, Canberra, and throughout the South Coast. Plan your south coast road trip itinerary:
Click below to go to:
- South Coast Ale Trail Stretching from Wollongong to Pambula near the Victorian border, the South Coast Ale Trail delivers a diverse range of Craft Breweries as it winds its way along some of the country’s most beautiful Coastline.
- Gourmet Coast Trail There is so much to taste on the Gourmet Coast. Where to start and what to do on your short break? Browse our itineraries for ideas.
- Australia’s Oyster Coast. Providing quality Rock, Pacific and Angasi oysters to the Australian market and beyond through our product brands Appellation Oysters and Australia’s Oyster Coast.
Lookouts & attractions
Start planning your stay in Batemans Bay and book your stay at The Bower at Broulee Ph 04, 0483 9690 or http://www.thebower.
(holiday resort locals guide)
Driving Tours on your “NSW south coast road trip”
- Grand Pacific Drive – Sea Cliff Bridge This iconic drive takes you through some of the most scenic parts of the South Coast, including the famous Sea Cliff Bridge. The route starts in the Royal National Park and ends in Wollongong.
- Kangaroo Valley: This picturesque drive takes you through the lush green countryside of Kangaroo Valley. You’ll pass through quaint villages, stop at waterfalls and lookout points, and enjoy panoramic views of the valley. UPDATE: There are currently “roadworks” being conducted on Cambewarra Mountain Pass, towards the Nowra to the South. Expect quite lengthy delays.
- Jervis Bay: This drive takes you along the pristine beaches and turquoise waters of Jervis Bay. You’ll have the opportunity to spot dolphins and whales, visit historic lighthouses, and take in breathtaking views of the bay.
- Murramarang National Park: This drive takes you to Murramarang National Park, where you can explore beautiful beaches, spot native wildlife, and take in breathtaking views of the coastline.
- Batemans Bay to Narooma: This drive takes you along the stunning coastline between Batemans Bay and Narooma. You’ll pass through charming coastal towns, stop at scenic lookout points, and have the opportunity to spot whales and dolphins in the ocean.
- Sapphire Coast: This drive takes you along the stunning Sapphire Coast, known for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush hinterland. The route starts in Bermagui and ends in Eden.
- Tourist Drive 7 – The Coast Road between Batemans Bay and Moruya in New South Wales, Australia, offers a scenic drive along the dazzling coastline, covering approximately 70 kilometres of sealed road. This tourist drive, known as Tourist Drive 7, is a key coastal route between Wollongong and Eden, providing an alternative to the inland highway. The journey takes about 1.5 hours and features lookouts, cafe stops, historical points of interest, and opportunities for activities such as walking, cycling, and enjoying coastal lookouts.
- Tourist Drive 5 – spanning 8 kilometres from Dalmeny to Narooma in New South Wales, Australia, offers a spectacular coastal journey. This scenic drive winds along a coastline of beaches and rocky headlands, mostly adjacent to an 11-kilometer shared concrete cycleway that links the two locations. The route provides stunning views of the coastline, with key points of interest including the Mill Bay Walkway, Australia Rock, and Handkerchief Beach. Visitors can also explore the area’s natural beauty, seafood cafes, and recreational activities such as biking and paddle boarding. Then you can hop on a boat to Montague Island, where you can spot penguins, seals, and whales, and explore the island’s historic lighthouse.
Scenic Drives for a day trip from The Bower:
- Batemans Bay to Shallow Crossing The scenic drive from Batemans Bay to Shallow Crossing and back in New South Wales, Australia, offers a delightful 67-kilometer loop, taking approximately 1.5 hours to complete. This picturesque route allows travellers to enjoy the natural beauty of the area, meandering along the banks of the Clyde River and passing through historic Nelligen Village. Shallow Crossing, located on the Clyde River, is about a 30-minute drive from Batemans Bay and is known for its shallow waters, small rapids, and picturesque surroundings. The drive provides an opportunity to experience the tranquillity of the Upper Clyde River and engage in activities such as kayaking and picnicking.
- Wagonga Inlet – closed for repairs at Grumleys Bridge (temporarily). The Wagonga Inlet inland drive offers a captivating journey through the natural beauty of the Eurobodalla region in New South Wales, Australia. This scenic drive circles the Wagonga Inlet, providing stunning views of the surrounding forest areas and the picturesque inlet itself. The route takes travelers through the western areas of Narooma, offering opportunities to explore the serene Wagonga Picnic Area and witness the beauty of the Bilba Bilba Creek, which marks the end point of the Wagonga Inlet. The drive also leads to the Narooma Wharf, where visitors can skirt the edge of the inlet and visit the renowned Australia Rock, a natural rock feature near the southern leg of the inlet. Along the way, travelers can also enjoy the Quarterdeck Cafe, seafood cafes, and recreational activities such as bike and paddle board hire, all while taking in the stunning view of Gulaga Mountain. This drive is a favorite for showcasing the natural beauty of the area and provides a delightful experience for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a leisurely coastal drive.
- Central Tilba and surrounds The area surrounding Central Tilba in New South Wales, Australia, offers a picturesque and diverse range of attractions. Nestled beneath Mt Dromedary (Gulaga) and located near the stunning beaches of the NSW south coast, Central Tilba and its surroundings provide a blend of natural beauty, historical charm, and recreational opportunities. Visitors can explore Tilba Farm, enjoy the scenic Bellbird Scenic Drive, and take in the coastal views along the Dalmeny to Narooma Shared Path. Additionally, the region offers easy access to Narooma’s town center and its surrounding natural wonders, including beaches, boatsheds, and the stunning Australia Rock. Whether it’s exploring the coastline, indulging in local cuisine, or immersing in the area’s rich history, Central Tilba and its surrounds provide a delightful experience for travelers
- The Tuross Head Scenic Loop The Tuross Head Scenic Loop in New South Wales, Australia, offers a captivating 7-kilometer drive around the Tuross Head village, providing breathtaking coastal views and various points of interest. The route begins at Coila Beach and winds along a granite-bouldered coast, with stops at the Tuross Head Memorial Gardens at Plantation Point and One Tree Point, offering panoramic views of the coastline and Montague Island. The drive then follows the southern shoreline, offering vistas of the stunning Tuross River mouth at the Nelson Parade viewing platform and Lavender Bay with its picturesque boatsheds. The loop also provides opportunities for activities such as visiting local markets, enjoying waterside coffee, and exploring the surrounding natural beauty. This scenic drive is renowned for its striking coastal vistas and is often considered a must-see attraction on the Eurobodalla Coast.
- The drive to Marble Arch in the Deua Valley, New South Wales, offers access to the captivating natural wonders of the Deua National Park. The drive from Braidwood to the Big Hole and Marble Arch walk is the starting point for this adventure. The Marble Arch and Big Hole walk is a 13km return hike, leading to the impressive Marble Arch and the enormous sinkhole known as the Big Hole. The drive takes visitors to the western side of the national park, providing access to these remarkable geological formations. The area is renowned for its challenging yet rewarding walks through open wooded eucalypt forests, offering a unique and immersive experience for nature enthusiasts and hikers.
Book an experience here
What is the most scenic road in NSW?
The Grand Pacific Drive is considered the most scenic road in NSW. It stretches along the coast from Sydney to Wollongong, offering breathtaking ocean views and picturesque landscapes. This iconic road trip takes you through charming coastal towns, stunning beaches, and the famous Sea Cliff Bridge. Prepare to be captivated by the natural beauty and coastal charm that this scenic route has to offer.
Which is better Batemans Bay or Narooma?
When deciding between Batemans Bay and Narooma, it really comes down to personal preference. Batemans Bay is all about its stunning beaches and water activities, while Narooma is famous for its pristine coastline and fantastic snorkeling spots. Whether you’re into expansive sandy beaches or dramatic rocky cliffs, both places offer breathtaking coastal drives and plenty of natural beauty to explore.
Batemans Bay is renowned for its picturesque beaches and various water-based activities, while Narooma is celebrated for its unspoiled coastline and exceptional snorkeling locations. Whether you prefer vast sandy beaches or dramatic rocky cliffs, both destinations provide awe-inspiring coastal drives and abundant opportunities to immerse yourself in the splendor of nature.
What’s the best road trip?
The most scenic road in New South Wales is arguably the Princes Highway, with its breathtaking coastal views and scenic stretches through national parks. Batemans Bay and Narooma are both beautiful coastal towns, but Batemans Bay is known for its picturesque beaches and water activities, while Narooma offers stunning views of the Glasshouse Rocks and the famous Australia Rock.
Where to stop in South Coast of NSW?
When exploring the South Coast of NSW, be sure to make stops in Jervis Bay, known for its white sandy beaches and resident dolphins, and Kiama, home to the famous Kiama Blowhole.
When exploring the South Coast of NSW, don’t miss out on the breathtaking views along the Grand Pacific Drive, which stretches from Sydney to Wollongong. Another scenic road worth exploring is the Princes Highway, offering stunning coastal landscapes as you drive through towns like Batemans Bay and Narooma. For the ultimate road trip experience, consider taking the Great Coastal Drive, which spans from Sydney to Melbourne and showcases the beauty of the South Coast and beyond. Make sure to plan stops in picturesque towns like Eden, Merimbula, and Pambula to fully immerse yourself in the charm of the region.
Read more info from Aust Traveller socials below:
Other search terms south coast road trip itinerary, stay in batemans bay, murramarang beachfront holiday
holiday resort locals guide, nsw south coast road trip, hot tips stay,